Selling your home is an important decision. Below are some helpful tips to get you started. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Prepare Your Home to Sell.
After you’ve made basic repairs, the task of selling your home boils down to making the house as clean, clutter-free, and inviting as possible. Go through this checklist at least every other day to make sure that your home is tidy.
- Lawn and landscaping should be mowed and neatly trimmed
- Check the outside to see if painting or touch up is needed
- Driveway and sidewalks should be cleared
- Screens should be in good repair
- Flower beds and gardens should be weeded
- Garage should be organized
- Secure all downspouts, railings and shutters
- Light fixtures and doorbells should be working
- Front door and entry should be spotless
- Check to see if carpets need cleaning
- Windows should be cleaned – blinds should be dusted
- All windows and doors should open easily – check for loose knobs
- Check all walls to see if painting is required
- Kitchen appliances cleaned and counters cleared
- All plumbing fixtures should be polished – no drips or leaks
- Organize all closers – this will make them appear larger
- Tile should be cleaned and if needed, regrouted
- All lights, switches and bulbs should be in working order
Tips for Showing
- Open all drapes and blinds – let the sun shine in
- Turn on all exterior and interior lights – including closets, accent, oven and garage
- Turn TV or radio off or down
- Keep pets out of the way
- Let the agent show the home – The buyer’s agent knows what they are looking for and can best point out those featured. It’s best not to follow them through the home
- Temperature of the home should be set at a comfortable setting
- Now relax — you’re ready to sell!